Sunday 13 October 2013

Zomtober! Post Two - They're Not Alive

My PC is misbehaving tonight for some reason, so this post comes via my phone until I convince things to work properly... This puts me at severe risk of autocorrect problems, so please excuse any incorrect wurlitzers that sneak past my careful proof radish. 

Anyway, the show must go on! I've just started listening to the final season of We're Alive, a zombie audio drama which has been livening up my drive into work for the past few days. 

Since I've had We're Alive on my mind, my zombies for week two of Zomtober have taken on some faint influences from the series. It's set in Los Angeles, so first off, we get a zombified LA Lakers fan:

Insert bitter nerd's joke about sports fans being zombies already here.

Next, what could be more Californian than a zombified mailman wearing flip flops?


He's got a special delivery for you, but you really don't want it.
Admittedly, the flip flops aren't in focus there, but he's wearing them, I assure you.


Finally, if you listen to We're Alive, you'll know that the mysterious zombie in a grey suit causes the heroes all sorts of problems. Here he is, realised in awkwardly posed Wargames Factory zombie form! 

All sorts of trouble. Trust me.
I have to say, I'm starting to have a bit more fun on the paint jobs with these. The detail is so vague, and also so repetitive, on the WF models, that coming up with ways to differentiate each figure is almost a game in itself. I especially enjoyed the Lakers shorts.

I've also now decided how my models need to be based... and it isn't on these large bevelled bases. I'm going to need to change them, but messing around with basing rather than getting on and painting more zombies seems against the spirit of zomtober somehow - so for me it may well be followed by basevember. Which will be less than thrilling, but such is life I suppose.

I've also been putting together a few more survivor models, but I'm not sure if I'll start in on painting those yet. I do have something a bit more special to do, but I might save that for the last week of zomtober. So for now, I don't know what's coming next. You'll just have to watch this space to find out!

3 comments:

  1. It is great to see each horde grow, and therefore great to see these. Liking the LA vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now what you mean about WF figures and the detail being vague but these are rather nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new additions to the masses.

    ReplyDelete