Tuesday 11 July 2017

Been around the world twice, talked to everybody once

At last, I've painted something that isn't another tedious incremental build of a force I've posted about here many times before.

Sadly, photographic evidence has been hard to produce, but I've had a go...

Rootin', tootin',

shootin', parachutin'
As you may or may not be able to tell from these (frankly terrible) pictures, these are US Navy SEAL frogmen.

They've been difficult to photograph because I've given them entirely black wetsuits, equipment and weapons. I've also followed my standard basing method for modern models and gone for a tarmac effect. The result of all that is a very black model, with only various shades of grey highlight and a face to add anything approaching colour.

This did make them very easy to paint, at least. I don't have any immediate plans to use these, although there are a few back-burner projects that they'll be handy for at some point. Mainly I just felt like painting something different! I did show the photos to Kieron and caused him to start muttering about 7TV, so they may show up at some point...

Anyway, numbers!


Painted: 97
Acquired: 92

2 comments:

  1. Maybe do some glue window glare type effect on the glasses? And some colour on the base? It is pretty nightmarish coloration for photography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be tempted to change the bases to a beach effect for some contrast. The fact they wouldn't match is countered by the fact that they are frogmen on a city street.

    Otherwise, cool!

    I'm sure we can come up with an island raid scenario of some sort.

    ReplyDelete